Dr. Elaine Espada
Dr. Elaine Espada is a Licensed Psychologist and founder of Beacon Therapy Group. Dr. Espada received her undergraduate degree from Boston University and completed her doctorate degree at William James College. She completed pre-doctoral trainings at
- The Trauma Center at Justice Resource Institute
- Massachusetts Mental Health Center/Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center/Harvard Medical School
- Boston Public Schools
Prior to starting her private practice, Dr. Espada worked at Harvard Medical School for 10 years where she worked on several national and international, landmark mental health research programs.
Areas of Focus:
Her extensive training in cutting edge treatments allows her to treat a variety of issues with expertise in treating
- anxiety, depression
- college transition
- academic issues
- life transition
- relationship difficulties
- parenting struggles.
Dr. Espada integrates the qualities of caring and compassion in action into her work. She relies on both short and longer term techniques to help people improve their relationships, increase self acceptance, and reach their potential. Her highly interactive and dynamic approach is supportive and direct, as she works hard to create a safe place for individuals to explore and confront issues that impact their quality of life.
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Sensory Motor Arousal Regulation Treatment (SMART)
- Certification in Traumatic Stress Studies, The Trauma Center at JRI
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Certification, Boston University
- Attachment, Self-Regulation, and Competency (ARC) Treatment Framework
- Certified Yoga Teacher
- Trauma Sensitive Yoga, The Trauma Center at JRI
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy
- Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy (AEDP)